I love Brownies… but I always feel guilty after eating a big ole juicy brownie. This recipe doesn’t have a bunch of extra goodies in it making you feel guilty after eating it (I’m not saying I don’t like those ones… because don’t get me wrong I do!) I do like eating a sweet little treat though that doesn’t make me feel sluggish after eating it!
This recipe has a few simple ingredients you most likely have hanging around the kitchen! It’s a light, soft and fudgy… you can’t go wrong! And if you cut them down to bite size pieces there’s enough to go around to everyone… a couple times 😉
My 9 year old Bryce helped make these! He’s been very curious in the kitchen lately … I’ve been letting him spread his wings as I stand back… monitor and help along the way as needed! I secretly day dream of him baking for his future wife one day!!
- ½ cup melted butter
- 1 Tbls oil
- 1¼ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- pre heat oven to 350 degrees.
- grease and 8x8 square baking pan. I like to line it with foil first and grease the foil.
- mix melted butter, oil and sugar together.
- add eggs and vanilla and mix together for 2 minutes.
- in a seperate bowl combine the flour, cocoa powder and salt together.
- add the dry to the wet and mix together, do not over mix just combine.
- bake for 20-25 mins.
- let cool before removing from pan.
- cut up into small squares and sprinkle with powdered sugar (optional)