I have a great little recipe for you all… One that I think everyone should have in their recipe books, boxes, folders… whatever you keep your favorite recipes in! First off I can’t believe I have never heard of this recipe before! Its the easiest, quickest cake recipe I have ever made… and there are no eggs, no butter and no milk in it!!! I came across this recipe the other night while I was laying in bed surfing my Pinterest … It’s something I’m guilty of often! I found this recipe from sweetlittlebluebird … there are a few different versions of the recipe… I can’t wait to try them all! This cake is known as “Crazy Cake” “Wacky Cake” and “Depression Cake” … That’s right this cake has been being made from as way back as the depression… Its just a few simple ingredients and mixed together in the same pan you bake it in! It can’t get much easier than that!
The one thing I will say is I thought it tasted the best after it completely cooled… It was a bit more moist after sitting for a while. And yes I can say this because I had to break into it while it was still warm… and then I went back hours later and had another piece! Guilty… and Proud of it!!
Check it out and try it yourself! Let me know what you think! And please feel free to SHARE this recipe with all of your family and friends! All my SHARING icons are at the bottom 😉
- 1½ Cups flour (all-purpose)
- 3 Tbsp. cocoa (unsweetened)
- 1 Cup sugar (All purpose sugar - Granulated Pure Cane Sugar)
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. white vinegar
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 5 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 Cup water
- Pre-Heat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease an 8 inch square pan
- Mix the first 5 ingredients together
- Make 3 dents in the mixture (see photo)
- Put vanilla in one dent, vinegar in the other and the oil in the last one
- Now pour the water over all of it and mix everything together
- Place in oven for 30-35 minutes checking with toothpick or knife to make sure it comes out clean!
- Let cool and frost with your favorite frosting or bless with some powdered sugar!
By the way… I got this whisk for Christmas this year… LOVE IT! Here’s a link to it…