I’m one of those gals that will dip her chicken strips into straight honey! Mmm 🙂
I know I will be using the sauce in more recipes! Next time I think I might try it on some baked breaded chicken breast.
It turned boring chicken in to scrum diddly umptious chicken… You have to try it!!
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast slice in half crosswise
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 eggs beaten
- For the honey garlic sauce
- ½ cup honey
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon cornstartch
- ¼ cup cold water
- In a sauce pan over medium high heat combine the honey, garlic and soy sauce. In a small bowl combine cornstarch and water. Stir mixture into the sauce and continue stirring till thickens about 2-3 minutes.
- Combine the flour, thyme, oregano, paprika, and cayenne pepper in a bowl.
- Heat your vegetable oil in large skillet over medium high heat.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper to taste.
- Dredge chicken in flour first then eggs then flour again... repeat with remaining chicken.
- Place chicken in oil 2-3 pieces at a time. Cook until golden brown and crispy about 4 minutes on each side.
- Place on paper towel to drain excess oil.
- Pour sauce over chicken and serve!
Please see following photos for a step by step tutorial: