There isn’t too many kids out there that say no to mac n cheese… Or at least not too many I know!
This recipe is a super easy homemade mac n cheese that all kids will love! If you feel like stepping it up a bit add some peas, bread crumbs… or cut up little smokies! The sky is the limit 😉
- 16 oz box elbow macaroni noodles
- ½ cup butter
- ⅓ cup flour
- 3 cups milk
- 12-16 oz shredded cheese (colby jack, cheddar... really whatever you'd like)
- ¾ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Cook Macaroni noodles and drain.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a saucepan melt butter over medium heat.
- Stir in flour using a whisk.
- Slowly add the milk while continuing to stir.
- Bring to boil and stir for 2 minutes.
- Sauce should be thick... and the cheese, salt and pepper and stir together until cheese is completely melted.
- Add the noodles and mix well.
- Place into 2 quart casserole dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 375 degrees.
- Let cool 5-10 minutes.
For step by step tutorial see the following photos…
I found this recipe from another great blogger here!