I love making these cookies during the holidays… They just are too cute and a great cookie to have around during your holiday gatherings! The kids love getting involved with these too… They are always in charge of removing all the foils off the kisses… One less thing for me to do… and I pay them for their job well done with a few extra kisses 😉
- Hershey's Kisses
- ½ cup shortening
- ¾ cup peanut butter (creamy or crunchy... I use crunchy)
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 TBLS milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1½ cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- Extra sugar for rolling
- Pre Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix together shortening, peanut butter, white and brown sugar.
- Add egg, milk and vanilla and mix together.
- Add flour, baking soda, salt and mix together.
- Dough should be nice and thick and cleaning the sides.
- Use a 1 inch scoop and make round balls.
- Roll in sugar and place on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove all the foils from the kisses.
- Right when the cookies come out press a kiss on top.
- Remove to cooling rack to cool before serving!
For step by step tutorial see following photos…
Looking for more cookies?? Here some more of my favorites…