I try oh so very hard to not serve my family with the same boring meals week after week… Don’t get me wrong… we repeat meals all the time! And one thing I’m always serving up is chicken… So its nice to throw something else in the mix and surprise them with… well not chicken!
I found this pork shoulder at the grocery store … on sale of course … and decided to try something simple with it. Most the time with a pork shoulder I’ll end up just making pulled pork sandwiches… So it was refreshing coming across a super simple easy recipe… that really had no prep time just a bunch of cooking time! This roast turned out so juicy… it may looked “burnt” like my 7 and 10 year old told me… But that’s just a nice crust… It didn’t taste burnt at all!!! My Husband was actually picking it apart while it was in its “cool down” time … I blame him for no left overs 😉
Roasted Pork Shoulder
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 3 Tablespoons Chopped Garlic
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 3-4 pound Pork Shoulder
- Pre Heat your oven to 425 degrees.
- In a bowl mix together the olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Using a pastry brush spread the mixture all over the pork shoulder.
- Place the Shoulder on a rack in a roasting pan.
- Roast for 20 minutes and then reduce the heat to 325 degrees.
- Continue to cook for about 4 hours or until your meat thermometer reads 185 degrees.
- Remove and let cool for about 30 minutes.
- Watch out for Husbands… Mine picked about 1/4 of it off… He said it was his snack!!! 🙂
For a step by step tutorial see the following pictures…
I served our with some Roasted Red Potatoes… Green Beans… and the always famous 20 Minute Homemade Biscuits!!!