I make French Bread pretty often around here… Sometimes I’ll double the batch to get two loaves from it! What better thing to do with the other loaf then to make some French Toast Casserole for breakfast the next morning! This recipe is one to toss in the fridge for an overnight soak… So you have to prepare the night before… But the next morning all you have to do is fire up the oven and toss breakfast in… Then go pour a cup of coffee and continue waking up while the oven does the work for you!!
I found this recipe on Taste of Home… Only thing I changed is that I added some cinnamon to the egg mix!
- 1 loaf of French Bread
- 8 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 4 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¾ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 TBLS butter
- 3 TBLS sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- maple syrup optional
- Cut up bread and place in 13x9
- whisk together eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla, salt and cinnamon
- Pour over bread.
- Cover and refridgerate 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove from fridge 30 mins to baking.
- Pre Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Dot with butter.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon together and sprinkle on top.
- Cover with foil and bake @350 for 45-50 minutes.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Follow the photos for a step by step tutorial …