Homemade Croutons are about one of the easiest things you can possibly make in the kitchen! You can make them out of any bread… I prefer making them out of homemade bread over store bought… but that’s me!
If you know me at all by now you know I’m making this with my Amish White Bread! Not only is that our favorite daily bread we have in our house… but it also my second son’s favorite croutons! We will even be at a restaurant and he’ll order a side salad… Then he’ll say “Mom these croutons aren’t as good as yours!” I sure love him 😉
Try making these the next time you have some bread that’s been sitting for a bit… I like making them out of bread that is getting close to the end of its life…
- Bread (I use my Amish White Bread)
- Olive oil or melted butter
- seasonings... if you have the mix of Italian seasonings that's great otherwise I like to use a little bit of salt, basil and oregano.
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut the bread into cubes.
- Lay them evenly onto baking pan.
- Drizzle with olive oil or melted butter.
- Sprinkle with seasonings.
- Mix around to evenly coat.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
- Let them cool completely before storing.
Follow the pictures for a step by step tutorial: