I know everyone is in a hurry these days and homemade meals are not as common as they use to be… But that’s why I’m here! I’m here to share with all of you that it can be done… you don’t need to buy pre-made (that’s probably full of preservatives and cost 2-3 times more than doing it yourself)… I came across these 30 Minute Rolls at Kitchen Meets Girl when looking for a rolls recipe that doesn’t take hours to make (like my Homemade Dinner Rolls) I make my 20 Minute Biscuits quite often around here… So another bread recipe that’s quick and easy would be a great change up!
When I came across this roll recipe that could be done in 30 minutes I defiantly was second guessing it… thinking is this true? Homemade dinner rolls in 30 minutes? Well there wasn’t much else to do but to try it out! The family was my “guinea pigs” like they always are! At least one new recipe a week gets tossed at them… so they are used to it!
Well just off my Husbands reaction they were a hit!! He even told me he liked these more than my Homemade Dinner Rolls! Not only what he said confirm this was a hit recipe… but the fact that he had 4 of them at dinner that night helped!
I have to say that I didn’t change any of the ingredients but I did swap up the way that it was put together… I stuck to my roots of bread knowledge and decided to put it together the way I would with making any bread recipe. So here it is my tutorial of the 30 Minute Dinner Rolls!
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons warm water
- ⅓ cup oil
- 2 tablespoons yeast
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 3½ cups flour
- In a mixing bowl add sugar and warm water… mix together and then sprinkle yeast over the top. Let set 5 minutes.
- Whisk the egg
- add the oil,salt, egg and one cup flour… Mix together
- add the remaining flour and mix together
- Scrap it out onto a floured surface and kneed together for a minute.
- Let rest for 5 minutes
- Cut off chunks and rolls together… add them to a greased cookie sheet. Let rest for another 5 minutes once complete.
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 10-12 minutes
- Brush with some butter when they come out!
Need some new 9 inch rounds… Amazon has them a click away
Follow pictures for step by step tutorial: