I always enjoy a good scone… and when you make them with fresh berries they are even better!!! These turn out just right… they are not too dry or too sweet… Try them out yourself and let me know what you think!
We have a great local produce stand in town that I stop at all the time. Right now they are full of yummy goods and as soon as I saw the raspberries I had to pick up a whole flat! Well my kids gobbled down half the flat by the end of the day… So I figured I’d better try baking with then before they woke up and finished off the rest of the berries in the morning!
- 2 cups flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- dash of salt
- 1½ cups fresh raspberries
- 6 TBLS cold butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup plus 3 TBLS heavy cream
- sugar for sprinkling
- Pre heat oven temp 400 degrees.
- Add flour, sugar, baking powder and salt to bowl and mix together.
- Cut butter into cubes and add to bowl, cut in to resemble coarse crumbs.
- Add raspberries and gently mix.
- Mix cream, egg and vanilla together.
- Add to dry mix and gently mix together.
- Gather together and place on lightly floured surface.
- Shape into circle about 2 inches thick.
- Cut into 8 pieces like a pie.
- Place on greased baking sheet and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Let cool before removing to rack.
Follow pictures for step by step tutorial: