As far back as I can remember growing up my Mom use to make these cookies … They are actually my Dad’s favorite cookie so I think that’s why I remember them being made so often!
I invited my parents down for dinner the other night… made my Crock Pot Chicken and Dumplings and followed it up with these Snickerdoodles… Needless to say there was one bowl left of the dumplings (for my Hubby’s lunch the next day) and no cookies left over by the time my Mom and Dad took off! I guess I should of doubled the batch knowing my Dad was showing up 😉
- 1 cup shortening or butter ... I like to do ½ cup butter & ½ cup shortening
- 1½ cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2¾ cups flour
- 2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- For rolling your cookies in:
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1-2 tsp cinnamon
- Pre Heat oven to 400 degrees
- In your mixer add butter and or shortening, sugar together
- Add eggs one at a time mixing in between
- In a separate bowl mix together flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, salt.
- Add to wet ingredients and mix together.
- In a small dish mix sugar and cinnamon together.
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls and roll in cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Place on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8-10 mins
Don’t forget my trick… I place my cookie sheet in the oven while its pre heating… Then your first batch always turns out like the others!!! Yummy 😀
Don’t forget to try my Brown Sugar Snickerdoodles!!! Enjoy