There is nothing like having dinner rolls made from scratch… It feels like a special treat every time I make these! They have become a thing of the past with everyone’s high paced over booked daily schedules… But there is no compare from store bought, frozen or pre-package tubes rolls.
These may take some time to make … But I like to think of it as passing on the “Love” through dinner rolls 🙂 I typically make these rolls during the family get together’s or holidays (this recipes yields about 3 dozen)
Try these out the next time you have a big get together… Or cut down the recipe and surprise your family with a little extra dinner roll “LOVE” 😀
- 2½ cups warm milk
- 4 tsp yeast
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup softened butter
- 2 tsp salt
- 7 cups flour maybe a lil extra too
- ⅓ cups melted butter
- Bring your milk up to 110-120 degrees.
- Pour milk into mixing bowl and sprinkle yeast... Let set for 5-10 minutes.
- Beat in sugar, eggs, butter and salt.
- Gradually stir in the flour to make a soft dough.
- Place in greased bowl and set in warm draft free place until dough doubles in size (about 1 hour)
- Punch down the dough, cover and allow to rise again. Repeat 2 more times.
- Grease a pan or cookie sheet. Break dough into 2-3 in pieces and roll dough to make a ball.
- Repeat till all dough in gone.
- Cover and let rise until double in size (about 30 minutes)
- Pre Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes.
- While rolls are baking melt butter and toss in some garlic, oregano and basil.
- When rolls come out brush with butter mixture.
You like these but looking for something quicker try 30 Minute Dinner Rolls