My Husband took off on an overnight fishing trip last Friday, so it was just me and the kiddos for a couple days! I would say some extra spoiling was taking place… I was taking requests and up to take on a few of them! Donuts were on the list of goodies being shouted at me when I offered up my services 😉 They don’t get made too often around here… But when they do I swear I get a few extra hugs during the day 🙂
Donuts can easily scare you… I’ve made some pretty crazy recipes… you know when you are half way through and not sure if your gonna make it to the end??! I can tell you these donuts are nothing like that… they are super easy… and if it wasn’t for the 2 hour refrigeration time they would be super quick! I like to make the batch of dough up in the evening and just toss it in the fridge overnight… that way in the morning you just roll, cut and fry them up!!!
- 2 TBLS softened butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 4 cups flour
- 1 TBLS baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅛ nutmeg
- ¾ cup milk
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Oil for frying
- Mix the butter and sugar together
- Add eggs one at a time mixing in between
- In a separate bowl add flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg
- Add ½ the flour mix and half the milk and mix
- Add remaining flour mixture and milk and mix
- Place in a greased bowl and cover.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Plop your dough onto a floured surface
- Roll dough out to about ½ inch thick
- Cut out your donuts... I don't have a donut cutter so I used a cup and the end of an icing tip
- Bring your oil up to 375 degrees
- Have them ready ... they cook pretty fast!
- Fry your donuts 3-4 at a time flipping to brown both sides... Drain on paper towels
- Roll in cinnamon sugar mixture
For step by step tutorial please see the following photos…