As I grew up as long as I can remember my Mom’s best friend use to make these cookies! I loved them as a kid and I still love them now! When I got older and moved out on my own I basically begged her for the recipe so I could make them on my own… I still have the little 3×5 card she wrote it down on… And now I can share the recipe with you!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Swirl Cookies
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1/4 cup butter (room temp)
- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 TBSP milk
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cups chocolate chip
- Add the shortening, butter, sugar, peanut butter, egg and milk to the bowl and mix
- Add flour, salt and baking soda and mix
- Melt your chocolate chips down
- Gather the dough into a ball
- Press it flat to the shape of a rectangle
- Roll it out the rest of the way with a rolling pin… you want it about 3/4 of an inch thick
- Add the melted chocolate and spread evenly
- start at one end and “jelly” roll it
- Wrap with saran wrap and stick it in the fridge for at least 1 hour or up to 2 days.
- Pre Heat oven Temp 350 degrees
- Slice about 1/2 thick
- Place on greased cookie sheet
- Bake 9-11 mins.
- Let cool a few mins before removing to cooling rack.
A little side note… I always double this recipe… but that’s just me 😉