I know making your own bread takes that extra time… but anything I can do to keep the extra preservatives out and the home baked taste in!
Easy French Bread Rolls
- 2 tbls sugar
- 1 1/2 cups warm water 110-120
- 1 tbls (yes tablespoon) yeast
- 2 tbls oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 cups flour
- Add your sugar and water… Quick stir to dissolve the sugar… Sprinkle the yeast over top and let sit 5-15 minutes or until foamy
- Add salt and oil and mix.
- Add half the flour and mix with your whisk… change out to your dough hook
- Add the remaining flour and with your dough hook turn it on and let it do its job.
- Pull it out on a lightly floured surface… and hand kneed it for a minute
- Place it in a greased bowl… flip so you’ve greased both sides, and cover with saran wrap.
- Let it rise for about an hour!
- Gently pull back your saran wrap and punch it down.
- Plop it onto a lightly floured surface
- Cut them down to your desired amount of rolls… then take each one and flatten them out to a rectangle and “jelly” roll
- Tuck up the sides and pinch the seams together
- Place them on a greased baking pan and cover with saran wrap… if you still have the piece from your bowl, re-use it! Let them rise for about 30-45mins
- Pre-Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place them in a pre-heated 400 degree oven
Bake for 18-20 minutes… if you made smaller ones start checking on them around 15 minutes.
- Pull them out… and you can bless them with a swipe of butter on top.
- Let cool… I love serving mine on French Dips.