These Cinnamon Rolls are famous around my household… The past 2 years I’ve brought them to the 4th of July party & they disappear before I know it!! This recipe makes a lot so you can definitely cut the recipe in half or you can be nice & hand out a couple pans to your neighbors, friends and/or family!!! You can also refrigerate the dough for up to 3 days!
- 4 cups milk
- 1 cup veg oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 tsp. yeast
- 9 cups flour (yep that's right 9)
- 1½ tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tbls. salt
- 1½ - 2 cups butter
- Cinnamon and Sugar... (I never measure these... you'll see in the pictures)
- 2 pound bag of powdered sugar
- ½ cup plus 1 tbls milk
- 6 tbls. melted butter
- ⅓ cup brewed coffee
- pinch of salt
- 1 tbls. maple extract
- In a pan heat up the milk, oil and sugar... you don't want it to boil... but you want to get it right before that point! Set it aside and allow it to cool for about 45-60 minutes.
- Add your yeast, stir it around and let it set for 5 minutes
- Add 8 of the 9 cups of flour and mix it all together. Cover it with saran wrap or a damp towel and let rise is a draft free warm environment (microwave or oven) for 1 hour
- As you can see the dough has grown... Add the last cup of flour, baking powder, baking soda & salt
- Mix it together... This can get a "lil" messy... I like to just get down and dirty and use my hands at this point
- Your dough is ready!
- At this point you can continue on or you can store your dough in the fridge for up to 3 days... just make sure to check on it now and then and punch it down... or you might end up with a monster taking over the inside of the fridge... we don't want that!
- Flour your work area and plopped this bad boy down... simply cut it in half... Doesn't have to be perfect!
- (you do these next few steps with both chunks) With your hands press it out to shape a rectangle
- With a rolling pin, roll it out more... you want it about ½ inch thick... like I said... doesn't need to be perfect!
- Bless your landing with melted butter
- Then sprinkle sugar on top of the butter ... you want a good layer, ends up being about 1 cup give or take
- Add the cinnamon on top... don't be shy... they are "cinnamon" rolls!
- Start on one end and "jelly" roll it up
- Now you should have a giant log across your counter!
- You can give it a lil tug across the whole thing and stretch it out a bit more!
- Slice them any where from 1-2 inches just try to keep it even so they are all the same size
- Put them on a cookie sheet, cake pans, or foil for on the go... make sure you have a layer of melted butter on the bottom of your pans... Have you figured out yet that I'm not scared of butter???
- Let them rise for about 20 minutes
- Bake at 375 for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown
- They are good just like this... but who doesn't like frosting on their rolls??? Lets get started...
- In a mixing bowl sift your powdered sugar and add the remaining ingredients
- Start on low... unless you feel like having powdered sugar everywhere!!!
- Mix for a few minutes ... if you feel like its a lil on the thick side just add a tablespoon of milk
- Scoop the frosting on top of each roll and spread it out... you want to do this when the rolls are still warm that way the frosting melts down, around and into them!!!
- Serve warm or cold... they are great either way!!!
- Hope you enjoy as much as we do!!!
Oven temp 375
You got all that??? Let’s get started….
If your a Roll lover like me you have to try these… Caramel Apple Sweet Rolls
Recipe inspired by Ree Drummond The Pioneer Woman