We make lots of pizza around here!! The kids love to get it to it too… they have fun playing with the dough and putting on the ingredients… They really love it when I let them make their own mini pizzas!! This dough can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days … Just remember to pull it out of the fridge at least an hour before you want to make your pizza!!
- Pinch of Sugar (or honey)
- 1 Cup warm water 110-120 degrees
- 2½ tsp. yeast
- 3 Cups flour
- 2 Tbls Olive oil
- ½ tsp. salt
- Put your sugar, water in your mixing bowl and sprinkle yeast
- give it a quick spin with your whisk and let set 5-15 mins until foamy
- Add oil and salt and add ½ of your flour
- Mix it all together
- Add the remaining flour and switch out to your dough hook. If you aren't using a mixer you can totally do this by hand... just takes a lil more muscle and kneading
- Pull it out and give it a quick hand knead to form your ball
- Place it in a greased bowl
- and flip it so both sides are greased... cover it with saran wrap or a damp towel and let rise for about an hour to hour and a half at least double in size.
At that point you can start making your pizza or you can store your dough in a large Ziploc in the fridge for up to 3 days. Just make sure to check the back and release the air from it. Also if you store it in the fridge make sure to pull it out at least an hour before hand to make your pizza… you want to pull it back down to room temp.